From Mornington Peninsula Shire (12/2/24)…
Have your say on MP Shire’s Budget 2024-25
Want to influence how the Shire allocates its funds? Each summer we ask our community to share their ideas and priorities for next year’s Budget. Consultation for the 24-25 Budget is now underway, and we would love to hear from YOU!
How to have your say
We’ve made it quick and easy for everyone to have their ideas and priorities considered for the Budget. All contributions will be presented to Council for their consideration. As a thank you, we are rewarding 10 lucky winners $100 café/restaurant vouchers. HAVE YOUR SAY
Highlights from last year
Last year, consultation results showed that the top priority of our community was road safety and maintenance. Council took this on board and allocated a total operating budget of $26 million to transport connections, which is an eight per cent increase on the prior year spend.
Other highlights from last year’s Budget are many, including, but not limited to:
- $2.6 M for footpath renewal and risk mitigation
- $500,000 for a new playground in Hastings
- $2.9 M for a new pavilion at Red Hill Reserve
- $1 M to Canadian Bay foreshore carpark renewal
- $100,000 towards investigating soccer facilities in Somerville
- $5.5 M for the new Southern Peninsula Youth Hub
- $110,000 Sorrento netball courts renewal.
Other initiatives included introducing tip vouchers to tenants, increasing the number of no charge green waste events and removing the tip fees for mattresses, tyres and fridges.