- To work to protect and enhance both the natural and built environment of the local area and to preserve the essential seaside character of Mornington, including flora, fauna, the foreshore, public and private land, and the seabed.
- To ensure that alterations to the environment protect natural systems.
- Where appropriate, to work to support, oppose, or amend development proposals that impact on the natural or human environment.
- To cooperate with other organizations with similar goals.
Connect with us on Facebook
— LATEST NEWS UPDATES BELOW —
from Mornington Environment Association Inc.
FriendsNET information regarding:
1. 2019-20 Environmental Volunteer Group Health Survey
2. Koalas could be extinct in NSW by 2050
3. Inquiry into the problem of feral and domestic cats in Australia
4. Victorian Landcare Grants 2019-20 delayed
Click here for FriendsNet Link information
Here is the July update from the Friends of Beleura Cliff Path Working Bee
Beleura Cliff Path July 2020 Update
Beleura Cliff path Video
Strattons Lane Project
Stratton’s Lane is a well used path between Herbert St and Tanti Ave that provides access across Tanti Creek.
This project involves planting out portions of the lawn along the lane with native grasses and forbs. This will improve the appearance of the lane and may also act as an anti-graffiti measure. Mulch has been delivered on the Herbert St side. Mulching and planting will be undertaken as soon as Covid-19 measures allow.
Click on the picture below for details and to access the petition.
Moorooduc to Mornington link
On 3 October, 2019, the President, Margaret Howden, presented her report for 2018 – 2019.
To read the report, please click this link.
The proposed Kaufland Development cited below, has been rejected by the Victorian Government.
Mr Richard Wynne, the Victorian Planning Minister, announced this in August 2019
Link for Media Release Proposed Kaufland Development at Bata Site Mornington. Please See P.12 of the Mornington News newspaper !
Panel members of the Advisory Committee: (cvs. Available on line)
Kathy Mitchell (Chair) ;Rodger Eade (Deputy Chair); William O’Neil (Deputy Chair);
Suzanne Barker; Kate Partenio
This information is on the Planning.vic.gov.au/panels/ site.
Re 1158 Nepean Highway, Mornington
At the Annual General Meeting on 3 October 2019, the following people were elected.
President Margaret Howden
Vice President Ann Robb
Secretary Jill McIver
Treasurer Martin Lenard
Contact details for the Secretary …
Telephone number – 0414 916 689 – email – email@example.com
Wastewater Management Officer
The Mornington Peninsula Shire has a Management Officer to deal with issues of Waste Water which can end up in creeks such as Tanti Creek.
Wastewater Management Officer : Telephone number – 5950 1000.
( This message is repeated on the Tanti Creek Friend’s page under Friends
Groups via the navigation bar above. )
Please click on link below …